"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER" ALBERT EINSTEIN

30 Apr 2016

MY DEAR TIWA

I do not know if you got the sms I sent to you yesterday. I had desperately looked forward to a reply which I did not get. I had earlier tried to call you without much success. I can understand.


I went to bed praying for you, your husband and your child. I asked the Almighty to intervene at what is unquestionably a challenging moment in your life.

You probably have no more committed fan than this guy. T Babe, you may never know how many times I have watched you on stage. Girl, you have never failed to thrill me and leave me happy. I recall watching you do your thing once in Jo’Burg. I knew that you came on stage carrying quite a bit of baggage but that did not stop you from being every bit a professional and giving a damn good show. In South Africa, you made this die hard Nigerian a very proud man. I like the way you sing, I like the way you dance, I like the way you handle an audience. I also think that you are drop dead beautiful.

More than anything else, each time we have had a discussion, you have left me delighted. I have found none of the foolish pride and cheap super star syndrome that drive the careers of many young artistes to an end even before they have begun. You are one of the best known women in Nigeria yet you remain down to earth and treat people like me with utmost respect and humility.

I don’t know if you recall the night we sat next to each other at a major music award event in Lagos. You did not get an award that night but you celebrated every artiste that got one. You cheered, clapped and danced on your seat. You showed so much happiness for the success of others and exhibited absolutely no angst. You behaved like every artiste on stage is your brother or your sister. I left the event that night saying to myself, ‘Tiwa Savage is special, truly special’.

I did not come to Dubai for your wedding but I celebrated where I was. Let me confess that I was concerned with what the challenges of married life would do to your bourgeoning career. I asked myself whether with your free spirit you would be able to handle the conflicts that were sure to come. Then it struck me that Omotola Jelade Ekehinde has done it. Christy Essien Igbokwe, before her, also made a success of marriage. My very good friend, Azeezat and her husband, Seyi are an exceptional couple. In other words, it is indeed possible to be a great artiste and still be a great wife.

Love is funny. It leads us to want to completely possess the one we love. Yet, if we truly love someone, we must allow the person to be free. The truth is that it is only someone who has many alternatives and still chooses to be with us that truly loves us.

Maybe, you may not know it but it will take an incredibly self-assured man not to worry that every other man wants the beautiful, talented free spirited and very popular Tiwa Savage. In a way, your assets become your liabilities. You may wish to think that you are just any other wife but you are not. Knowing this, you must go the extra mile and constantly reassure the love of your life for both of you to experience true happiness.

I know that you have spoken so much about the issues that challenge your marriage, far more than I honestly think you should have made public. Please, please, stop further interviews. You know what? Every marriage has challenges, a lot of them much more complex than yours. Anyone whose marriage has no issue, let him throw the stone. I have no doubt that if you apply the same dedication and energy that has made you one of the most admired women in our nation, you will come out of the present challenges booming with laughter. Go girl! Shock those who think it is finished. Tiwa please, do it for your son. Please do it for yourself. Do it for your husband and please do it for us, your millions of fans.

I am still expecting that call.

See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment